Updating the theme is as simple as installing it in the first place. The first thing you do is check if there is a new update. Log in to your account on the marketplace where you’ve purchased the theme and look up the current theme version. If it’s newer than your current one then it’s time to update!
Download the theme again from the marketplace and proceed with the installation. There are two ways to update a theme:
- WordPress Update
- FTP Update
- Activate another theme (Like Twenty Thirteen)
- Delete the old version of the HB Theme
- Upload the new ThemeNameWP.zip file as described in theme installation
- Log in to your server via FTP
- Get to your wp-content/themes/ folder.
- Unzip the ThemeNameWP.zip file located in the ThemeName_Version.zip
- Remove the ThemeNameWP folder on your server (old version) or overwrite all files with the newest files