1. Open your WordPress Dashboard. Make sure that, Aegaeus theme is installed and activated, also make sure you have installed required plugins.
2. Click Settings on your left dashboard sidebar menu.
3. Click Import
4. Click WordPress Import and install additional plugin if needed.
5. Select the XML file in Demo Content folder to import. (aegaeus_export.xml)
6. Check to upload all content if you want images to be uploaded.
7. Attach all posts to your user.
8. This may take a while (up to 15 minutes). Please wait and don’t interrupt the process.
7. After that, you need to select your home page.
7.1 Go to Settings > Reading.
7.2 Front page displays > Select : A static page (select below).
7.3 In the dropdown below, select page named “Home”.
7.4 Posts page leave to —Select—
7.5 Click Save Changes.
8. After that, you need to choose your menu.
8.1 Go to Appearance > Menus.
8.2 In Theme Location dropdowns, select Main menu and Footer menu.
9. After that IMPORT Theme Options.
9.0 Open theme_options_export.txt (Aegaeus_4.0 / Imports – Demo Content / Theme Options Export)
9.1 Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Backup Options
9.2 Find Transfer Theme Options Data field.
9.3 Copy the content from theme_options_export.txt to that field and click Import Options.
Here’s a video instruction if needed (without theme options import).
=== How to import Revolution Slider content ===
1. Make sure you have installed Aegaeus theme.
2. Make sure you have imported Aegaeus XML file and theme options.
3. Make sure Revolution Slider plugin is installed. Appearance > Install Plugins.
4. Go to Revolution Slider in WordPress Dashboard.
5. Click “Import Slider” green button on the right hand side.
6. Choose ‘homeslider.zip’.
7. Your slider is now imported.
15. Repeat the process (from step #5) for every slider export.
=== How to import Theme Options Settings ===
1. Open your WordPress Dashboard, make sure Aegaeus theme is installed and activated.
2. Go to Appearance > Theme Options and go to tab Backup Options.
3. In the Transfer Theme Options Data paste the contents of the theme.option.import.txt
4. Click Import Options
5. Click Save All Changes
=== How to import Widgets ===
1. It’s important to import the Theme Options Settings first.
2. Make sure you have installed Revolution Slider, Layer Slider and Contact Form 7 plugins first and that you have deleted all widgets from widgetised areas in Appearance > Widgets.
3. Install and activate plugin “Widget Importer Exporter”. (Appearance > Install Plugins).
4. Go to Tools > Widget Import/Export.
5. Choose file. (Aegaeus_3.0 > Import – Demo Content > widgets.wie)
6. Click Import.
Thanks for using our theme!